Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Will or can an ';on-call'; physician do a direct-admit for pain control?

My doctor sent me to the ER yesterday convinced I was going to have emergency spine surgery. Turns out I didn't need the emergency surgery but do need to see the surgeon this upcoming week. My problem is severe uncontrolled pain with zero relief from the pain meds the ER sent me home with. I'd much rather have the pain controlled at home but it's so severe that I probably should be admitted. I'm not sure if it's my actual doc who's on-call or someone else, but if I explained to the doc the severity could they call the hospital for direct-admit?Will or can an ';on-call'; physician do a direct-admit for pain control?
I think that the first thing they'd do is prescribe something a little stronger to see if that would control the pain before they did a direct admit. They could probably do a direct admit but I think typically that involves a bit more paperwork from the experience that I have had in being directly admitted during business hours. But that was during pregnancy. This is different obviously.





What did you do to your back? And what other methods are you using to attempt to control the pain aside from pain medication? What pain medication was prescribed and in what dosage?Will or can an ';on-call'; physician do a direct-admit for pain control?
An on-call doctor can do an admission for pain control, yet it probably is a good idea to call your doctor first. If he isn't on-call, go on into the emergency room and they can get you admitted from there.
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment