Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I become my mind's master? How can I direct and control my thoughts and attention?

G


The first step is to dump the common delusions about separatness of lives and duality. As long as your mind is in the prison of delusions in which we live, it will always rage against the restraints.


After you realize that all lives are interconnected and there is no duality, you can feed the basic realities in a convenient package to your mind.


Here is my experience in short form.





Create Self-Directed Victory


How I dug myself out of frustration.


By Generalist


I kept crashing my life despite my best efforts. My opinions, and those of my friends, and authors, about how to live had failed me, so I began to review them.





The big question was, “How can I stop driving my life on the wrong side?”


At a SGI-USA meeting, I found out that the method to consistently drive on the correct side of happiness had been summarized as Nam Myoho Renge Kyo by the humanist Nichiren. He lived in 13th century Japan. Here is the, ';just add hot water'; version.


1-Everything is always changing. The time scales vary, but nothing is constant. That’s Kyo.


2-Causes produce effects. Sometimes this is not obvious because of time gaps between the cause and the appearance of effects. That’s Renge.


3-Life is both physical and non-physical. That’s Myoho.


4-I needed to organize my mind according to what’s real in order to win. That’s Nam.


I started to recite Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. It took some time to discard my cynicism, even when I got phenomenal results from it. Joining with others at SGI turned out to enhances the effectiveness and gets me a great support group.


Source(s):


My own experiences as a result of reciting the formula and working with friends for peace, culture and happiness


http://www.sgi.org

No comments:

Post a Comment