Friday, January 22, 2010

Do you think freedom should be controlled or directed?

This came out in my critical thinking course and I wonder what might other ppl think


Just in case anyone might not agree with the topic, please tell me where to put itDo you think freedom should be controlled or directed?
Doesn't ';controlled freedom'; seem contradictory to you? It's like saying, ';You are free to do anything you want to - as long as it is one of the approved activities.'; ';Directed freedom'; is just as contradictory.





So, do I think that freedom should be curtailed or limited? At the point where your exercise of freedom impinges on my freedom or safety, a limit should be placed, yes.





In other words, I'm in favor of limits set to protect me from your stupidity or dangerous behavior.





On the other hand, as long as what you are doing *only* effects you or your life, no matter how idiotic or destructive, I believe in and would defend your freedom to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment