Monday, January 18, 2010

Can a Manager be fired for the actions of their direct reports; which are beyond their control?

I work or a large corporation, where we statistically measure our direct reports. I am being disciplined for a stat that concerns how my direct reports act and speak during a customer interaction. The representative may get a passing or failing score ... If the score is failing I am held responsible, more so than the representative. I have 15 direct reports and I monitor them daily but only one interaction at a time ... how can this be fair?Can a Manager be fired for the actions of their direct reports; which are beyond their control?
If you do not understand why a manager is responsible for her team, you should not be a manager.Can a Manager be fired for the actions of their direct reports; which are beyond their control?
I BET YOU WORK FOR A SOLICITATION COMPANY...


YOUR NON DISCRIPTIVE WRITING LETS ME ASSUME THAT...


QUIT WHINNING AN GET A NEW JOB.....





BTW...AS MANAGER IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MANAGE YOUR COWORKERS SO WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE...
Yes.





No, it's not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment