Friday, January 22, 2010

Breaking parental controls on Direct-tv?

Ok here's the deal, i am 15 years old and my stepmom put controls on the tv. I can not watch anything rated tv-14 or R. I can ask and usually my dad will let me watch something. But i think it's ridiculous. I found out the first code at first, their anniversary, how creative.


I do have one 13 year old sister and a 12 year old stepbrother and 3 year old half sister. But what is dumb is, my stepmom wont even let me watch something by myself. And i think my sister is old enough to watch at least tv-14.


My half sister doesnt even pay attention to the tv, unless it is one of her shows.





Ok so i know there are ways to break the code. For code geniuses out there, please help :)Breaking parental controls on Direct-tv?
I heard that if you punch in 1 2 3 4 three times it unlocks the parental control or 0000!Breaking parental controls on Direct-tv?
You said it yourself, you are 15. When you are 18 and can live on your own and pay for the satellite subscription, you can decide. At the moment, your parents decide. It's their house - their rules.
Well, you would usually call the TV company.


Look it up in the phone book whatever brand it is
The parental controls are put in place for a reason - your parents do not want certain programs being viewed without them around. If they wanted to let you have free reign they would have either told you the code or not changed it when you guessed the first one.





There is no way around the code. The only way it can be reset is to call DirecTV and verify (by answering a lot of questions) that you are, in fact, the account holder (not a spouse, not a child, not a cousin, not a best friend), and the CSR ALWAYS documents who the caller is stating they are (or if they sound male/female, young/old) so even if you do manage to get them to reset the password you WILL be caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment